Whatsapp is rolling out a new feature that lets you take your foot out of your mouth. But you better hurry. Messages must be deleted within 7 minutes and there is no guarantee that the person might not have seen the message by the time you delete it.
To delete a message:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat containing the message you wish to delete.
- Tap and hold the message > choose Delete from the menu. Optionally, select more messages to delete multiple messages at once.
- Tap Delete>Delete for Everyone.
Whats app offers the following caveats:
- In order for messages to be successfully deleted for everyone, both you and your recipient must be using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone.
- (*) If you or your recipient are not using the latest version of WhatsApp for Android, iPhone or Windows Phone, this feature will not be supported.
- Recipients may see your message before it’s deleted or if deletion was not successful.
- You will not be notified if deleting for everyone was not successful.
You can also delete the message just on your device. See the Whatsapp blog post for details